Payment cards. Feel like home at any place of the world!
BTA Bank is one of the leading banks on issuing and maintenance of payment cards in the Republic of Kazakhstan In 1994 the bank became the first Principal member of Visa International payment system. Since 1998 the Bank is also a member of MasterCard International payment system. BTA Bank was the first to launch processing center in Kazakhstan, install the first ATM in the country and issue the first AlemCard.
In 2007 the Bank successfully transited to new and more reliable card system that enables issuing of cards with microchips. Microchip protects customer’s bank account from intrusion via forged card. In addition to good security, after its transition to microchip cards the bank got a chance to significantly extend the range of services provided by cards. Also the new card system enables conducting all transactions on payment cards online, which fact curtails much time of operation processing. It takes 30 seconds to execute such transactions as crediting of salary, transfer from one card to another, payment for different services by microchip cards.
Today BTA Bank JSC offers the following types of international and local payment cards and card products:
- Electronic: Visa Electron Instant, Visa Electron, Maestro International
- Classic: Visa Classic, MasterCard Standard
- Gold: Visa Gold, MasterCard Gold
- Platinum: Visa Platinum, MasterCard Platinum
- Virtual Card
- Salary cards
- Cards for customs and tax payments
All cards except for Visa Virtuon can be either credit or debit ones:
- Debit card enables executing debit operations within the limits of cash thereof.
- Credit card enables the customer to use loan funds within the established limit.
Wide range of options and services for cardholders
Holders of BTA Bank payment cards can use all the advantages of modern international payment cards and even more than that:
- security – there’s no need to carry great sums of money with you;
- money on bank account with use of payment card are not to be declared when going abroad;
- option of remote replenishment of the card;
- receipt of cash from card in currency of a host country – automatic conversion;
- opening of an additional card under special terms;
- round-the-clock access to bank account with attached payment card via Internet;
- control over flow of cash on card with the help of your cell phone.
Amount of interest on Kamkor card:
|Balance on bank account with attached payment card in KZT||Basic interest rate in KZT||Effective interest rate in KZT|
|0 - 30 000||0% p.a.||0.0% p.a.|
|30 001 - 150 000||2% p.a.||2.02% p.a.|
|over 150 000||4% p.a.||4.07% p.a.|
Payment of accrued interest is executed on a monthly basis by means of automatic crediting to your bank account with use of payment card. Accrual of interest is made only to the microchip cards.
Basic tariffs for issue and maintenance of payment cards
|Issue of debit payment cards||Visa Electron Instant – 1000 tenge
Visa Electron, Maestro International – 700 tenge
Visa Classic/MasterCard Standard
|Fee for cash withdrawal from debit cards||
0,7% - in ATMs and units of BTA Bank
1% (min. 350 tenge) - in ATMs and units of other banks within Kazakhstan
1,75% (min. 500 tenge) - in ATMs and units of other banks outside Kazakhstan
|Fee for noncash payment in trade and service outlets||0%|
|Annual fee for additional cards||50% of annual fee for respective type of card and product|
You can find detailed information on tariffs in "Tariffs and rates" section.
Terms of cards production from the date of documents submission
|Type of card||Term|
|Any BTA card||3-5 banking days – in Almaty city
up to 10 days with account of delivery – other cities of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Urgent card issue from the date of documents submission (for customers of Almaty city)
|Type of card||Term|
|Any BTA card||During 2 banking days|
Daily limits on withdrawal of cash from cards of BTA Bank JSC
From March 1, 2009, a daily limit for execution of debit operations in non-cash form and on withdrawal of cash for the amount of 1 000 000 (one million) tenge per a day was established for all cards issued by BTA, which include:
- in case a cardholder executes non-cash operations on Visa Virtuon cards, limit is 150 000 (one hundred fifty thousand) tenge per day;
- in case a cardholder withdraws cash from Business, Gold and Platinum cards via ATMs and units of the bank, limit is 500 000 (five hundred thousand) tenge per day;
- in case a cardholder withdraws cash from Classic and Business Electron cards via ATMs and units of the bank, limit is 400 000 (five hundred thousand) tenge per day;
- in case a cardholder withdraws cash from Electron, Instant cards via ATMs and units of the bank, limit is 350 000 (Three hundred fifty thousand) tenge per day; on Deposit-24 card a limit is established for the amount of 350 000 (Three hundred fifty thousand) tenge per day, but no more than 500 000 (Five hundred thousand) tenge per month.
We also bring the following information to the attention of the cardholders:
- A cardholder is entitled to increase the amount of limit of cash withdrawal and/or execution of noncash debit operations on card by notifying the bank thereof 5 (five) days prior to estimated date of change of limit.
- For the purposes of security of the customers it is prohibited to use cards (except for Visa Virtuon) issued within the frameworks of the agreement on issue and process of use of payment cards when making any payments for goods and services in the external environment of Internet (this restriction shall not apply to payments for services via Internet-banking system).
How to get a card?
To get a card from BTA Bank JSC, you can choose one of the methods below:
- Visit a unit of the bank (you can get information on the units, where you can execute a card, by telephone numbers of our Call Center indicated below). You need to provide the following documents for copying:
- Identification card or passport (with IIN)
- Use electronic application to issue a payment card. After receiving your application, the bank manager will contact you and you will be able to arrange your visit to the bank at any time convenient to you.
- Make a telephone call to our Call Center and arrange a meeting with bank manager at any time convenient for you.
Note: All rights and liabilities of a cardholder are mentioned in the Agreement on issue and process of use of Payment cards of MasterCard, Visa international payment systems and Smart AlemCard local payment system, which the cardholder automatically enters into after its execution, by filling in and signing the application on issue of payment card.
the Agreement is attached here:
Maintenance of payment cards of BTA Bank JSC
BTA Bank Cardholders may benefit from extended network of units, ATMs, electronic terminals, which are aimed at creating maximum convenience when servicing customers and saving their time. Please take into account the opportunities of our payment infrastructure:
|Service channel / type of operation||Replenishment of a card||Receipt of cash / spending of money from the card|
|Cash & Pay terminal||By cash, by transfer from other BTA Bank card||- payments for local and mobile connection, cable television, public utilities;
- payment of all types of taxes and fines of road police department;
- transfer of proceeds to other BTA Bank cards.
|ATM||By cash*, by transfer from other BTA Bank card||- payments for mobile services;
- transfer to other BTA Bank cards;
- withdrawal of cash.
|Internet-banking||by transfer from other BTA Bank card||- transfers to other BTA Bank cards;
- payments for mobile services, cable television, public utilities etc.;
- payment of over 50 types of tax and other payments to tax authorities;
- blocking of the card in case of loss or theft.
|SMS-banking||-||- payments for mobile services;
- balance and mini-statement enquiry, request for information on current exchange rate, addresses of ATMs and Bank units;
- receipt of card expiration notice;
- urgent blocking of the card.
|BTA Unit||By cash, by transfer from other accounts||- transfer to other cards and accounts;
- receipt of cash;
- payments from bank account with attached payment card.
|POS-terminal||Point-of-sale transaction in the trade outlets network|
* only for ATMs with cash-in function
Additional information for payment cardholders
- Basic terms, associated with payment cards
- ABC Security
- Worldwide Visa and MasterCard support services
- Discount system
If you have no time to visit the Bank kindly use our BTA24 online unit. Here you can get detailed information on the products, services and current promo-activities of BTA Bank, specify contact phone numbers, addresses and working hours of our outlets, find nearest ATM, get effective exchange rates and use respective calculators.
The main convenience of BTA24 is a round-the-clock opportunity to make payments and transfers online and constantly expanding range of financial services, including:
- payment for difference services (mobile and city landline communication, cable TV, utilities, Internet services, insurance companies, education enterprises) and payments into budget (taxes, fines, duties)
- control over personal bank accounts (card, deposit and loan accounts) and getting statements thereunder at any time required
- money transfers between BTA Bank cards ("card-to-card"), and between card and deposit accounts opened without our bank
But there is even more to come: with the help of BTA24 you may file electronic application for receiving the following products and services: